WHAT MAKES A GOOD PROPOSAL?
We are looking for submissions which engage with our three core values: (Connect, Participate, and Surprise) and are of particular relevance to our core target audience of 15-25 year olds. Good submissions will:
- Demonstrate a meaningful connection to the theme, bringing a thought-provoking or unexpected perspective to it. Avoid shoehorning an unrelated work.
- Invite audience participation and engagement
- Involve collaborations across different disciplines - we think collaborations are great!
- Bring together art and science in a creative way. We generally avoid illustrations of science, or science that is evaluating art.
- Be based on strong original ideas in any media
- Be properly budgeted (see below)
PREPARING YOUR BUDGET
We will provide:
- Press relations and press campaigns
- Theft Insurance
- Maintenance of your exhibit
- Photographic and/or video documentation of your proposed activity or artwork
- Installation costs
- Transportation costs ( one way only if the exhibit is travelling to another venue)
- Cost of requiring authorisation from relevant authorities or ethical research committees
This is what we expect you to include in your provisional budget and if relevant fundraising plan:
- Materials and services necessary to produce the proposed artwork or the activity
- Costs of travel and accommodation
- Your fee
- Any other professional fees associated with the research & development and the production phases of your project
- Specific maintenance or installation requirements or replacement parts
- Public Liability and Professional Indemnity Insurance if the nature of the project requires one
Have more questions? Please get in touch on the relevant open call page